View our Department of Biological Sciences New Student Orientation Presentation
For more information, please also visit the U of C First-Year Degree Guide
It is important that you be as prepared as possible for your studies at the University of Calgary. To that end, please ensure that you have completed the following activities:
Before you Arrive
- Be sure to check that you have access to the Student Centre at my.ucalgary.ca. If you have difficulties accessing the system, please consult with IT at www.ucalgary.ca/it/access/itaccount.
- Ensure that you have a ucalgary.ca email address. You should use your ucalgary email address for all university contact. Spam filters at other email providers sometimes interfere with University email
- Use the Student Centre at my.ucalgary.ca to register for courses. The dates for your registration period will appear in the Student Centre. To ensure the best access to courses, register for classes as early as possible.
- Be aware of fees and deadlines. For more information, visit Enrolment Services at www.ucalgary.ca/registrar
When you Arrive
- Visit the Department. The main office of the department is located at BI 186. If you need a map, visit www.ucalgary.ca/map.
- Book a tour. If you need to know your way around campus, a tour can be arranged through the Registrar's Office. Please visit www.ucalgary.ca/prospectivestudents/connect/campustours to book a tour.
- Ensure you know where and when all of your classes are. Use the Student Centre to obtain a timetable of classes.